A superbly presented detached family home which provides bright and spacious accommodation throughout and is situated in a quiet semi rural lane in this popular village between Danbury and Maldon.
Internally the ground floor accommodation comprises an entrance hall, cloakroom, double aspect living room with feature fireplace and a very spacious and open plan kitchen/dining/family room located to the rear of the home to maximise the outlook over the rear garden.
On the first floor there are four bedrooms with three being generous double bedrooms and there is a modern family bathroom. The property also features oil fired central heating and georgian style double glazed windows.
Externally there is a block paved driveway to the front which provides off road parking and access to the integral garage. The rear garden enjoys a south facing aspect and extends to approximately 110ft (33.53m) in depth x 42ft (12.80m) in width and features extensive lawns and mature trees and shrubs with an elevated patio seating area to the rear of the property.
Woodham Mortimer is a small village between Danbury and Maldon and is mentioned in the Domesday Book. The name is derived from the Old English meaning “Village in the Wood” and at the time of the Norman Conquest the parish was known as Little Woodham. The village has a local pub (The Hurdlemakers Arms), the parish church of St Margaret’s (c.1080), a golf driving range, a village hall and a cricket club. Woodham Mortimer is only 7 miles due east of the city of Chelmsford and its excellent choice of facilities, including two outstanding grammar schools, a bustling shopping centre, a station on the main line into London Liverpool Street and access onto the A12. Closer to home, the picturesque village of Danbury also has a choice of shops, amenities and two preparatory schools (Heathcote and Elm Green) and the nearby town of Maldon (recently named by The Times as the best place to live in the countryside) has a good range of shops and other amenities. Created a Royal Borough in 1171 it is famous for, among other things, its sea salt, its port on the River Blackwater for Thames Barges and its eponymous battle in 991.